1937 (May) The brand new Churchill’s Baths (on the site of the current Sports Centre) opened and the canal side pools emptied and filled in.
1939-45 During the war the swimming Club was put on hold with a few swimmers and a skeleton Committee.
1974 A new 33m pool opened on our current location. At this point, the Club was known as ‘Hemel Hempstead Swimming and Diving Club’.
1986 Name changed from Hemel Hempstead Swimming and Diving Club to Hemel Hempstead Swimming Club. At same time Club colours changed from black/yellow to blue/white.
1996 The 33m pool closed for a Lottery-funded refurbishment.
1999 The current 25m pool reopened as the home of Hemel Hempstead Swimming Club.
2008 Former HHSC Swimmer Richard Charlesworth swims in 1500m Freestyle for Great Britain at the Beijing Olympics.